LOVE SUFFERS LONG

This entry is a response to the anonymous comment to my previous post. Thank you for sharing your opinion. I would like to add a few more thoughts in regards to the perspective on suffering. 

It is true that Jesus paid our debt in full. There is nothing lacking by His perfect sacrifice. I do believe that we are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus if we confess with our mouths and believe in our hearts that He alone is God and that He is Lord of all. I do not believe that we have to wait until we get to heaven to obtain what he has purchased with His blood and freely given to us. I also believe that sin, sickness, poverty, and death are the curse of the law that was destroyed by His blood covenant.

I will say again, Jesus Himself said, "THAT IN THIS WORLD YOU WILL HAVE TRIBULATION...but take heart because I have overcome the world."

I can do all things through Christ Jesus my strength. We would not need the strength of Jesus in this world to overcome, if we are passing our time in this life with little if any resistance. There is a reason why we need the Holy Spirit to give us counsel and lead us into all truth. There is a reason why the scriptures say that IF IT WERE POSSIBLE even the elect would be deceived if it were possible except the Lord cut short the days short. We would not need to "resist the devil" if we were not in an all out war...

So suffering comes to all as it says in Ecclesiastes. Should we not thank God for one as well as the other? Good and bad. Victories and sorrows. We are given both while we are on this earth so that we will find nothing after the Lord. For all of our searching, we will find nothing after Him.

Personally, I have passed through a great deal of things in my short lifetime and I can see that the Lord is merciful and kind and ordains times and seasons and life and death and everything under heaven. I do not blame God for difficulties and sickness, but I do know that even those things we do not fully understand or agree with will serve His Almighty purposes and glorify His name in the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIME DEVOTED

DEAR CHILDREN OF GOD

HINDSIGHT 2020