THE SOWER AND THE SEED

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:13-14

I planted some seeds the other day. They are coming up. Day by day. Water. Sunshine. Dirt. Everyday we sow seeds by the words of our mouths. Day by day. Confession after confession. The seeds are sprouting, our words are coming to pass, they are coming up.

The things my Mom planted in each of us children, they are coming up.  The prayers she prayed, are coming to pass. How she earnestly interceded for her babies, to be helped, to be held by Jesus, to be directed by His leading, to take hold of His hand and to never let Him go. Since we were young she spoke of the hope we have in Jesus. She believed in His power. She cherished His every word of life. She was the sower, we are the seeds. We are coming up. We are sprouting. We are watered by the Word. We are grounded in the truth. We are rooted in love. Thanks Mom for all that you did for us six kids, you faithfully loved us to Christ Jesus our everlasting strength. Now we will sow seeds and watch them grow for the love of God and the name of Jesus.

As I told my Mom one day, "Every day is Mother's day." Every day is a perfect day to hug your Mom and hug her again. Every day is a good day to show her how much you appreciate her and cherish her. Every day is a perfect day to be thankful and show her love and kindness. Do what you can for your mom while you can, you will never regret it. Bring her flowers. Mow her lawn. Buy her something special. Spend some time with her. Mothers deserve special thanks, they have spent their time and life on you... rise up and bless them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIME DEVOTED

DEAR CHILDREN OF GOD

HINDSIGHT 2020