YOU DO THE MATH


Daniel our second eldest son was studying the Greeks in history. He was telling me how they got so good at math they started to worship it and when that happened they never got any better as they only thought they could get to a certain point. Would that describe modern worship? Now without heading in all sorts of directions with this I want to mention one area. We approach God through our ability and methods. But how would it be if we just WERE. Let me explain a little we worship the great I AM the bible says and in my limited sphere of understanding I am starting to know that if I am in the great I AM then I must just BE. If I am trying to be, trying to achieve, or trying to please then in reality, anything or any place I am trying to be or get to is based more in me than in the great I AM.

I hear someone say so what we sit on our sofa and BE and in response I would suggest you remove yourself from getting my emails I am only going to aggravate you. What I am trying to express is that we are running around trying to get somewhere and we have no idea of what that place looks like. As long as we feel good or feel like we are achieving then many times we are fairly content. Remember man derives his self worth from what he does instead of who God says he is. If I am deriving myself worth from my actions then I am humanistic but if I have my self worth from who HE says I am then I can BE all that He wants. But that comes from one place only and that is intimacy with the great I AM. God does not try to attain, try to be or try anything. HE IS and so are those who walk by the Holy Spirit.

Some use the verse that says you will know them by their fruits. They then make the fruit a carnal manifestation such as buildings prosperity or a huge ministry. How would it be if the fruits we know them by are the fruits of the Spirit talked about in Galatians. Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. How would it be if we lived by two rules, love God and love your neighbor as yourself. Loving our neighbor, come on now what does that really mean through Gods eyes.

God seems to be reworking our thinking in so many things and the challenge is to never stop in one place. Really what started this whole way of thinking is the fact God is moving more in the lives of people who do not believe He can. They are not looking for a move of the Holy Ghost as they don’t believe in such, they are not looking for signs and wonders as they don’t believe they are for today. These are the people that so many feel spiritually superior to. Granted many of these people are looking for something but do not know what. I begin to understand that is a precious place to be. A place of pure expectation, where we expect God but don’t know what that really looks like. Could it be when we are in such a place He is able to do things and create things the way He wants. Where we stop telling Him and start listening to Him.

Matt is a great example of this he is having such an encounter with the Holy Spirit and is the first to tell you he has been having trouble. He told me I am in a real strange place as I don’t believe in any of the stuff I am doing. He said, “my head I can write a thesis on why all this has ended but it is happening to me”. He is a great example of Romans 8 where it talks of our natural mind not being able to receive the things of the Spirit.  Matt had been waiting for his head to catch up, though in reality if it ever does he has become a Greek. The amazing grace of God.

I am being challenged and pray this email disturbs you enough that you remove the self imposed limitations. Let the limitless God create in and around us. Hang out with Him more, get desperate and return to your first love. BE! Lose the excuses, and let your choice always be life in the Holy Ghost. If you must downsize your lifestyle, then so be it. Sell the car if you have to but in reality where is your first love.
One last thought that comes through so strong lately. Is the fact if we live by what the bible says , love God and love your neighbor, then we understand all His resources are in the people. God invests in people and if we are living, love God & Love people then everything we need flows out of that. If we spend our life raising funds for ministry or working to build a ministry then, woe is us! We have religion! Oh sure ministry touches people but time to get honest and return to our first love. I love what Jesus did, He is our great example. He never built anything but people, had thousands follow Him. Think of the training centers he could have established, the apostolic network He could have built. He could have fed and helped so many poor people. But He did it the opposite to today’s methods and when He died all he had was his mother and a few others around. He knew the only asset worth building was the people. He loved God and loved His neighbor! Lord help me to do likewise and save us from ourselves!!!!!

Scott Russell
MiracleJesus.com
PO Box 120-593
Boston MA 02112

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIME DEVOTED

DEAR CHILDREN OF GOD

HINDSIGHT 2020