DOES YOUR FAITH WORK?

Over the years I have listened to people here and there talking about "Living a life of faith." I have observed that some misunderstand what that means exactly. Sometimes it may be our human nature to blindly follow the example of others we respect, without realizing all the details necessary to accomplish the goal. So we go on and try to immitate the ones who have gone before us, not understanding that they spent hours in prayer and took great risk to do those things that were pleasing to God. We fall into error and cause others to do the same when we fail to retain the knowledge of God in our minds, and when our motivation to "live a life of faith" is something other than pleasing the One who has called us into His glorious light.

No where in scripture that I am aware of does it tell us not to work. There is a passage of scripture in Matthew that talks about the birds of the air and the flowers of the field neither sowing nor reaping, and their Heavenly Father takes care of them. How much more does your heavenly Father take care of you. There are also some passages that talk about working with your hands in order to provide for what others are lacking, to keep from being idle, and to provide for your family; in order that the Word of God be not blasphemed, and to not be a burden to others.

Just thought I would throw that out there. Along with "A laborer is worth his hire, and those who labor of the gospel shall eat of the gospel." (II Thess 3 / I Cor 9)

Also, as you study the scriptures you might find it interesting that the man goes off to labor while it is day, and the woman is busy at home (being productive and is not in competition with the man.) She is the mother of his children and the keeper of his house. She is not idle either. She works with her hands and makes clothes and buys a field and takes care of all in her house and stretches out her hands to the poor.

There was a time when I worked office jobs for years. The day came where I was faced with the reality that I could not continue on in the job I had been doing if I actually intended on acting on what I believed God had shown me to do with my time and energy. I put in my two weeks notice after fasting and praying and receiving clarity on that decision. I also believed contrary to popular belief that I was not supposed to raise funds, have bake sales, car washes, or write support letters. Eight years later I can confirm to you that it was God, and not just my emotional decision at the time. I have actually written a book of testimonies (book of remembrance) of God's almighty faithfulness throughout the years and in so many different ways.

Just because I no longer worked 9-5 jobs did not mean I would never work again. It meant that I worked even harder, and at times, without pay. I learned so much. Do all as unto the King. It set me free from limitations of all kinds and opened the flood gates of being able to give and give and give. I had time to give to people in need and was grately encouraged to entrust myself to the one who made me and has promised that THE RIGHTEOUS WILL NOT BE FORSAKEN OR HIS SEED BEGGING FOR BREAD.

So if you are bored, confused, or really busy doing nothing, please remember the Word of God clearly says that FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD. If you have faith then put some action behind, get to work! THERE IS MUCH WORK TO BE DONE. Go into all the world and do what God said to do. I don't care if it's washing dishes, waiting tables, cutting hair, flying an aircraft, training horses, volunteering at a camp, selling appliances, being a carpenter, whatever it is -- have faith that works by love and demonostrate the KINGDOM OF GOD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DEAR CHILDREN OF GOD

TIME DEVOTED

HINDSIGHT 2020