UNCONSCIOUS ON IMPACT

Possible allegory. Unconscious on impact. A few months ago I was in a head on collision (some of you knew and some of you know now), and I was unconscious on impact. I believe that unconsciousness at the moment, in itself, could have been a gift considering the circumstances. The last thing I remember was a faint whisper from inside, "GOD PLEASE HELP ME..." in the dark silence, right before complete unconsciousness. (Lights out) Minutes later awoke, took a breath, began to cry... as I realized God had given me life. I had no memory of why I was a bloody mess. Of course, after a few seconds it was very clear to me that I had been in an accident and I was unable to move or help myself. There was nothing for me to do, but be still and wait.

Today is four months since the accident and it seems already so far away. A few nights ago I sat at a red light thinking about how it was not too long ago that I was completely helpless and feeling some intense pain. How quickly we forget our deliverance. Luke 12 came to mind about the rich man's life being required of him after he had worked so hard to save up for himself. The rich man is called a fool for storing up goods for himself, and not being rich in himself toward God. The moral of the story being: BUILD BIG, DO LOTS, but if you do not have JESUS, you do not have squat.

"THE FOOL SAYS IN HIS HEART THERE IS NO GOD." Psalm 14:1 Many of us are living life for nothing more than our own pleasure, and are coming up empty *bankrupt*. If we really believed there is a God we would live quite differently. But instead we concentrate on what we want and what we are doing and what we can make, and the whole time not understanding why we are so miserable. Not to mention the fact that at any given moment, that could be "the end" of our time here on this earth.

Could not help but think of how many of us go on in our every day lives as if we have so much more time to do whatever we want, but the things of this world are passing away.

"And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." I John 2:17

Are you aware of what is impacting your life and heart and relationships, or are you unconscious until after the fact? Wake up O sleeper and let the light of Christ shine upon you. Do not let the day or hour catch you unawares, be prepared no matter what.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DEAR CHILDREN OF GOD

TIME DEVOTED

HINDSIGHT 2020