WILLINGLY WANT TO

Possible questions to ask yourself if you have concerns that something could be lacking in your marriage:

Am I praying? Have I actually asked God to help me walk through this season? Do I cast my cares on the Lord? Do I bring my problems to God? Do I treat my spouse the way I would like to be treated? Am I focusing too much on what the other person is or is not doing? Am I unconcerned with the load that they have to carry? Am I actively doing something to lighten their load daily? Am I considering myself and my own feelings above my spouses? Do I allow critical and accusing thoughts to frequent my mind? Do I make a habit of encouraging and complimenting or do I have a sarcastic insulting tone, resentful, careless or fault-finding attitude?

It is very important to examine yourself and pay attention to your own behaviour, habits, and devotion. All the ways that you are will either positively or negatively effect your relationship and the lives of those observing your relationship.

Please show some respect privately and publicly. Consider the side effects of how you might be making your companion feel when you lash out or make continual smart remarks. Do you think being so mindless and inconsiderate and rude is going to want to make your lover want to be near you, much less express their affections? You might as well scrape your fingers on a chalkboard. True love looks alot different than what is being portrayed these days.

I Corinthians 13 John 15:13 I Timothy 4:16 (references)

The drama starts when we choose to focus more on the negatives than the positives. When we neglect prayer and thinking on things of heaven. When we forget that true love is laying down our lives and not thinking that someone owes us something.

The giving up and talking about quiting comes from dwelling on lies and discouragements. It takes a willingness and a want to on both parts to go forward and to overcome. Where one is weak, the other is strong. Decide that quiting is not an option and that every time a problem comes up you are not going to resort to backing down or speaking ill or thinking that you have made a mistake in choosing your partner.

Tribulation comes to all married or unmarried, but those of us who trust in Jesus Christ have a living hope as an anchor for our souls. We do not shrink back. We are bold as a lion and live by faith and not by what we see and feel. Greater is He that is within you than he that is in the world.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DEAR CHILDREN OF GOD

TIME DEVOTED

HINDSIGHT 2020