HE THAT HATH AN EAR, HEAR WHAT THE SPIRIT SAITH UNTO THE CHURCHES.

"From that time on Jesus began to preach, 'Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.'" Mathew 4:17

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches." Revelation 3:15-22
Yes it is by faith that we are saved through grace and not of ourselves lest any man should boast. That faith through grace enables us to overcome as he overcame. It is not simply for peace of mind, but for strength for the battle, patient endurance, and the power to resist the enemy. No matter how small your faith, God's grace still abounds toward you and is sufficient for all that you will face as you live God's word out.

Think about the Saints of old. Daniel in the lions den. Joseph in jail. Moses and Joshua in the desert. Gideon the least in his clan. Shadrach, Mecheck, and Abednigo in the fire. Each one of these passed through something and faced circumstances and had to overcome. Jesus being the greatest example of all. Bearing the sins of the world on his own body, going all the way to end and literally laying down His life for the ones he loved. He is the overcoming conqueror! So though our salvation is by faith through grace there is some action of believing and receiving and obeying the gospel that must be done on our parts.

"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

"The fear of the LORD is pure,
enduring forever.
The ordinances of the LORD are sure
and altogether righteous.

They are more precious than gold,
than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey,
than honey from the comb.

By them is your servant warned;
in keeping them there is great reward."
Psalm 19:9-11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DEAR CHILDREN OF GOD

TIME DEVOTED

HINDSIGHT 2020