PURGED

"BY MERCY AND TRUTH INIQUITY IS PURGED: AND BY THE FEAR OF THE LORD MEN DEPART FROM EVIL." Proverbs 16:6

Mercy = Alleviation of distress; relief. Compassionate treatment, especially of those under one's power; clemency. Kindness, forgiveness.

Truth = an obvious or accepted fact; truism; platitude. Honesty; integrity; truthfulness. The state or character of being true. Actuality or actual existence. Conformity with fact or reality.

Purged = to rid of whatever is impure or undesirable; cleanse; purify. To clear of imputed guilt or ritual uncleanliness. To clear away or wipe out legally by suitable action or atonement.

A friend from Alaska wrote me a letter of encouragement and included this small pamphlet by Theodore Monod entitled: Looking Unto Jesus. The last page reads as follows....

"I LOOK NOT BACK --- God knows the fruitless efforts. The wasted hours, the sinning and regrets; I leave them all with Him who blots the record, And graciously forgives, and then forgets.

I LOOK NOT FORWARD --- God sees all the future. The road short or long, will lead me home. And He will face with me its every trial, and bear for me the burden that may come.

I LOOK NOT AROUND ME --- then would fears assail me. So wild the tumult of life's restless sea; So dark the world, so filled with war and evil, so vain the hope of comfort and of ease.

I LOOK NOT INWARD --- that would make me wretched. For I have naught on which to stay my trust; Nothing I see but failures and shortcomings, And weak endeavors crumbling into dust.

BUT I LOOK UP TO JESUS --- into the face of Jesus! For there my heart can rest, my fears are stilled; And there is joy, and love, and light for darkness. And perfect peace, and every hope fulfilled."

Popular posts from this blog

TIME DEVOTED

DEAR CHILDREN OF GOD

HINDSIGHT 2020